At Westminster our values of inclusivity, community, and the arts carry through all of our ministries; especially the music department. Regardless of ages, skill level, or schedule limitations, we have opportunities for you to participate! Involvement in the music ministry is a great way to meet people, grow in your musical abilities, and most importantly deepen your spiritual connection to God through music, prayer, and community building. If you have any questions about joining a music group, contact Aaron Schultz, our Director of Music and Arts.
The Westminster Chorale has a weekly presence in worship services throughout the programming year (September - May). They lead congregational music to facilitate more confident congregational singing as well as offer presentational music in the service to contribute to the beauty of the liturgy.
- Rehearses weekly (Sept-May) on Thursday nights from 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- Meets in the choir room on lower level of the church
- No auditions required
- New singers are always welcomed
- Flexible attendance policy to accommodate busy schedules
Westminster Handbell Choir
The Westminster Handbell Choir has a monthly presence in worship services throughout the programming year (September - May). The ensemble uses a 5 octave handbell set and a 4 octave chimes set to lead both congregational music and presentational song in the worship services.
- Rehearses weekly (Sept-May) on Thursday nights from 5:45 - 6:45 p.m.
- Meets in the Bell Choir Room
- No auditions required
- New ringers, regardless of skill level, are always welcomed
The Intergenerational Band is an opportunity for instrumentalists from all ages and skill levels to play music at Westminster. Each instrumental part has written music with a range of levels to make musicians' experience in the band as welcoming as possible. For more information about joining the band for the November 10 Sunday worship service, contact Karla Killinger, the Intergenerational Band director.
- Rehearsals l Sunday, October 20 and November 3 at 11:15 a.m. (in choir room)
- Service l Sunday, November 10 at 9:15 a.m.
The Ringing Ensemble is a small group of handbell/chimes ringers who plays music with a variety of instrumental accompaniment. They play occasionally throughout the year and plays repertoire at an intermediate skill level and membership in this ensemble requires previous experience ringing handbells.
Rehearsal and Service Dates/Times:
- September 2019 Dates
- Rehearsals l Thursday, September 19 and 26 from 5 - 5:45 p.m.
- Service l Sunday, September 29 at 9:15 a.m.
- December 2019 Dates
- Rehearsals l Sunday, December 15 and 22 from 10:30-11:00 a.m.
- Service l Tuesday, December 24 at 7:00 p.m.
- March 2020 Dates
- Rehearsals l Thursday, March 1, 8, 15 from 11:15-11:45 a.m.
- Service l Sunday, March 22 at 9:15 a.m.
Director: Aaron Schultz
For more music and art information at Westminster, click on the buttons below:
Please email the church office for more information or if you have questions.