SUMMIT is a service learning program for college age adults 18 – 23. Learn valuable skills, receive one-on-one mentoring from community leaders and earn a $2,000 education scholarship to an accredited academic institution.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who want to serve God and make a difference in the world.
As a SUMMIT team member, you will be partnered with a local non-profit agency, in which you will work as a volunteer, and alongside an experienced supervisor and mentor.
Westminster SUMMIT Program Summer 2018
The mandatory requirement of 175 hours (occurring between May 19 and August 31) is comprised of:
- Participation in SUMMIT Orientation.
- Non-profit volunteer work paired with a community partner.
- Participation in at least one Westminster Community Service project (Vacation Bible School July 16-20 & 22 and/or Shelter meals June 22 and July 22).
- Participation in weekly team meetings.
- Share an overview of the SUMMIT program with the Congregation of Westminster during a Minute for Mission. Interns will also be commissioned during that worship service on June 2, 2018.
- Coordinate with onsite supervisor at community partner to have evaluation sheets and hours volunteered documented and submitted to Westminster each month.
In addition, we hope to provide other opportunities to meet with community leaders.
Participants should note that failure to adhere to these requirements could result in not completing the program and scholarship funds could be denied.
I hope you all have a wonderful summer, make the most out of this opportunity and have some fun.
Please contact Lisa Anderson , if you have any questions.
Contact Lisa Anderson, 274-1534 or
, with questions.