PW is for all Women
Did you Know? All women who are members of Westminster Church are also members of Presbyterian Women (PW), the denominational organization which provides and supports Bible Study and Christian Mission.
The Purpose of PW:
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible Study
- to support the mission of the church worldwide
- to work for justice and peace
- to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God's kingdom.
Currently there are two active circles:
- "Hope Circle" meets the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 a.m. in Simmerman Lounge.
- "Eve Circle" meets the fourth Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. in Simmerman Lounge.
Membership in a circle is open to all and provides opportunity for Bible Study, Christian Fellowship and Mission Outreach. The theme of this year’s Bible study is “Living in Community with Christ,” based on Hebrews. Study books are available. Mission projects include “The Fellowship of the Last Coin,” Calvin Community, the Homeless shelter and a children’s mitten drive. Eve Circle also identifies a special mission each month. The PW bulletin board in The Commons provides more information.
As you plan your fall schedule, please consider visiting one or both of these circles and joining in the unique opportunity for expanding knowledge of the Bible, expressing your faith through mission and meeting new friends.