What’s New at the Anchor Coffee House?
Dear Anchor Coffee House staff, patrons, friends and volunteers,
It’s our 16th season of Anchor Coffee House performances at Westminster Presbyterian Church! My how time does fly?
We are very excited and pleased to announce our lineup for the 2017-18 music series (see the link for details). Once again we have scheduled six great musical events. Your ongoing enthusiastic support is greatly appreciated and we hope to see all of you back again this fall!
- Westminster’s Anchor Coffee House is a relaxed, intimate, family-friendly venue featuring local, regional and nationally known folk, bluegrass and blues artists
- In addition to great music, delicious fair trade coffee, fresh hot tea and homemade desserts are available to delight your taste buds while you enjoy the music!
- Free childcare is provided at each performance by a trained childcare provider.
2017-2018 Season Line-Up
Anchor Coffee House doors open at 6:30 p.m. and all shows begin at 7:00 p.m.
Come for terrific music, amazing talent, yummy snacks, gourmet coffees, refreshing teas, affordable fun, friendly faces and free childcare!
Anchor Coffee House at Westminster Church is all this and more! Join us for our sixteenth season!
- March 3: Beth Wood
Beth’s exceptional musicianship, crafty songwriting, and commanding stage presence have been winning over American audiences for 18 years. Beth’s music is a soulful, organic, intelligent, barefoot, high-energy communication of joy.
www.bethwoodmusic.com ($15 advance/$20 door)
- April 7: Bob Black and “Banjoy”
These top-notch musicians offer everything from classic bluegrass and gospel songs to original and lively instrumentals – with a unique and personal style that is well-known and respected throughout the Midwest and beyond.
($15 advance/$20 door)
There are four flexible ticket options listed below for Anchor Coffee House performances. All tickets are general admission and ticket prices will vary from season to season depending on the number of shows and the artists being presented. Don’t forget to sign up for our email list to be reminded of upcoming shows or visit and friend us on Facebook!
- Discounted Full Season Ticket package provides admission to all shows and may be purchased any time after the season lineup has been announced (usually mid-summer) and are available until the beginning of the season. Season tickets are available for purchase in person at the Westminster Church business office, or by phone at 515- 274-1534. When you purchase a season ticket, you get a free Anchor Coffee House mug, and all coffee and tea is free for the entire season (see note below)!
- The “Pick Three” season ticket option is a versatile way for those with busy schedules and who can’t commit to a full-season package, to attend any three performances of your choice. These tickets must also be purchased prior to the beginning of the season.
- Single Show Advanced tickets may be purchased anytime in person at the church office and/or by contacting the church office; purchase by credit card until the day before the performance. Single Show Advanced tickets are available beginning three weeks before the performance at Up-Tempo Music™ located at 2714 Beaver Avenue Des Moines, Iowa 50310.
- Door tickets for every performance are available 1 hour before the show at the door.
Anchor Coffee House has great free mugs for season ticket holders. The mugs are also available for purchase and are available at Westminster on Sunday mornings, during the week, and at all Anchor Coffee House shows. The mugs are also available for purchase for just $7 and when you bring it to a show your beverages are free!
Anchor Coffee House has great free mugs for season ticket holders.
The mugs are also available for purchase and are available at Westminster on Sunday mornings, during the week, and at all Anchor Coffee House shows. The mugs are also available for purchase for just $7 and when you bring it to a show your beverages are free!
Anchor Coffee House performance cancellation and refund policy
In the event of a cancellation of an Anchor Coffee House performance due to weather or other emergency an attempt will be made to reschedule the canceled artist in the same performance season.
If it is not possible to reschedule the artist in the same season, tickets for that performance will be re-funded upon request at the full price of the ticket. To receive a full refund, tickets to the canceled performance must be presented in person to the Westminster Presbyterian Church Business office.
In the event of a cancellation the Anchor Coffee House has the option to present an alternate artist at the same ticket prices or offer different ticket prices for the alternate artist performance. In this event, ticket holders have the option to use the original ticket for admittance to the alternate artist performance or, upon request, receive a full refund for the original performance ticket.