Westminster Presbyterian Church is a large, growing church in Beaverdale. We are hiring qualified individuals to work in our Nursery primarily on Sundays with other shift opportunities throughout the week. Pay starts from $12 - $14 per hour, depending on qualifications. The full job description is below. Please email your résumé to the Nursery Director, Tiffany Hays, at or fill out an application at the church’s office located at 4114 Allison Ave, Des Moines.
Westminster Presbyterian Church Nursery Assistant Job Description
Purpose: To provide dependable, safe and nurturing care to the children in our Nursery.
- Cheerfully greet parents and check in children
- Explain procedures to new parents
- Label supplies and bags provided by parents
- Provide care for the children including feeding, diaper care, playing, nurturing, reading
- Know where parents are, should a child need parental care
- Checking out children at the end of the shift to their parents and give them a report
- Keep the nursery tidy, sanitized and safe
- Understand and follow the nursery policies and procedures
- Coordinate activities, supply needs and working schedule with the Nursery Director
- Wear identification badge
Evaluation & Compensation: Evaluation takes place at least annually with the Nursery Director and the Christian Education Director. Pay starts from $12 - $14 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Days and Hours: The primary work shift is Sunday mornings starting at 8:30 to about 11:30, later on occasion. Other opportunities are Wednesdays from 6:00 pm to about 8:15 pm, special events as scheduled, Christmas Eve, and Easter.
***Must be available to work a minimum of one shift on Christmas Eve and Easter.
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old, satisfactorily complete a background check and have a High School diploma or GED. Experience caring for children, newborn through 4 years old, is a plus. Candidates must be dependable, have strong communication and listening skills, good organization and planning skills, and work well in a team. CPR and First Aid training are required and can be provided if certification is not current.
To Apply: E-mail a current resume to Tiffany Hays at or stop by the office to fill out an application. Westminster Presbyterian Church is located at 4114 Allison Ave, Des Moines, IA. Call 515-274-1534 with any questions.
If you have any questions please e-mail our Director of Communications, Laura Sherlock.