We are a large, growing church in Beaverdale. We are hiring qualified individuals to work in our Nursery primarily on Sundays with other shift opportunities throughout the week. Pay starts from $12 - $14 per hour, depending on qualifications. The full job description is below. Please reply to this ad or email your résumé to the Nursery Director, Tiffany Hays, at .
Purpose: To provide dependable, safe and nurturing care to the children in our Nursery
Accountability: Accountable to the Nursery Supervisor and the Christian Education Director
- Cheerfully greet parents and check in children
- Explain procedures to new parents
- Label supplies and bags provided by parents
- Provide care for the children including feeding, diaper care, playing, nurturing, reading
- Know where parents are, should a child need parental care
- Checking out children at the end of the shift to their parents and give them a report
- Keep the nursery tidy, sanitized and safe
- Understand and follow the nursery policies and procedures
- Coordinate activities, supply needs and working schedule with the Nursery Supervisor
- Wear identification badge
Evaluation & Compensation: Evaluation takes place at least annually with the Nursery supervisor and the Christian Education Director. Pay starts from $12 - $14 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Days and Hours: The primary work shift is Sunday mornings starting at 9:45 to about 11:15. Other opportunities are Wednesdays from 6:00 pm to about 8:15 pm, Thursdays from 5:30 pm, Coffee house concerts (on various dates) from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, Fine Arts concerts Sunday afternoons from 2:30 pm to 4:15 pm, Christmas and Easter.
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years old, satisfactorily complete a background check and have a High School diploma or GED. Experience caring for children newborn through 4 years old is a plus. Candidates must be dependable, have strong communication and listening skills, good organization and planning skills, and work well in a team. CPR and First Aid training are required and can be provided if certification is not current.
To Apply: E-mail a current resume to Tiffany Hays at or stop by the office to fill out an application.
Wrap Around/Substitute Teacher
Westminster Preschool is looking for a part time Wrap Around Substitute Teacher . Hours of work will vary depending on staffing needs in our wrap around (before and after school) program. Position begins immediately.
In addition to our wrap around room, candidates may also be substituting during other days, if interested.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- 18 years of age
- Preferred course work in Early Childhood, Elementary Education or similar field
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold would be preferred
- Willing to complete professional development and continuing education
- CPR, Universal Precautions, First Aid and Mandatory Reporting certificates or willing to complete within 3 months of hire.
Work as a team member to teach, plan lessons and activities, and supervise children
Observe and interact with children throughout the day
Interact with parents
Assist in the organization and cleanliness of the classroom along with preparations for classroom activities.
If you have any questions please e-mail our Preschool Director Megan Siefert
If you have any questions please e-mail our Director of Communications, Laura Sherlock.